Vegetarian pizza (528 kcal) – Makes 2 pizzas, serves 4
• 300g strong bread flour
• 1 tsp instant yeast
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
• 100ml passata
• Handful fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 125g ball mozzarella, sliced
• Handful grated or shaved parmesan
• Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
• 160g mushrooms, sliced
• 2 courgettes, sliced
• 80g lettuce
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• 2 tbsp sweetcorn, canned, drained
1. In a large bowl, add the flour, yeast and salt. Pour in 200ml warm water and the olive oil into a well in the centre and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and set aside.
3. Mix the passata, basil and crushed garlic together. Leave to stand at room temperature.
4. Split the dough into two balls. On a floured surface, roll out the dough using a rolling pin into large (approx. 25cm across) rounds, before placing them onto two floured baking sheets.
5. Heat the oven to 240°C/fan 220°C/gas 8. Put another baking sheet in the oven on the top shelf. Smooth the sauce over bases with the back of a spoon. Scatter with cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, sweetcorn and courgettes, before drizzling with a little olive oil.
6. Put one pizza, still on its baking sheet, on top of the pre-heated sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp, Repeat step for remaining pizza.
Dessert: fruit salad (approx. 140g each)
Drink: 125ml glass red wine