Spiced carrot and lentil soup with roll (498 kcal) – Serves 4
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp ground coriander
• Pinch chilli flakes
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 600g carrots, washed and chopped
• 140g split red lentils
• 1l hot vegetable or chicken stock
• 125ml semi-skimmed milk
• 4 tbsp low-fat plain yoghurt
• 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
• 4 wholemeal rolls
• Polyunsaturated spread, thinly spread
1. Dry-fry the cumin, ground coriander and chilli flakes for 1 minute in a large saucepan.
2. Add the oil, carrot, lentils, stock and milk to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils have cooked.
3. Blend the soup until smooth and finish with a spoonful of yoghurt and a sprinkling of fresh coriander. Serve with a wholemeal roll.
Dessert: Small chocolate mousse (60g each)