Wholemeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 100g rolled oats
• 100g wholemeal flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 30g sugar
• 100g unsalted butter, softened and cubed
• 1-2 tbsp milk
• 20g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Blitz the oats to a fine powder in a blender then mix in a large bowl with the wholemeal flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. Add the butter and mix until crumbly. Add the milk and mix to form a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and pop in fridge to firm up for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to around 3mm thickness. It may be a bit crumbly so you’ll need to be very careful when rolling. Cut out circles of about 6cm diameter. Decorate with a pattern of chocolate chips.
5. Then bake in the middle of your oven for about 15 minutes.
6. When lightly golden but not too brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.